Sunday

September 11, 2011

"The Gathering Storm" ~ © Mike Gannon

Last winter,  during many of those the cold and snowy days, I spent some of my down time scanning old slides and photographs taken before digital.  One of the photographs I came across was this picture.  I remembered the trip, but didn't realize I had a photograph of both the Statue of Liberty and the Twin Towers.  Unfortunately I had lost the negative and all I had was a scratched and beat up 4X6 print.  Since I realized that I could never take this image again, I decided it was worth the effort to rework and and retouch as much as possible.  This certainly isn't perfect, but I liked the result.  It is still a work in progress.
Mike Gannon

3 comments:

Tom Welch said...

Beautiful image Mike.

Tamara Gentuso said...

Thank you, Mike. It is indeed beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. /Jay