Tuesday

October 5








 "Here are some floral art images that I recently created.  I actually took the original flower shots in 2008, but decided to give them an updated artistic touch.  These were Calla Lilies from my garden.  I added some background textures for a vintage look."  ~Cheryl Davis

 







© Cheryl Davis



4 comments:

Mary said...

Absolutely beautiful. I have a special love for floral photos and ways to make them different. Do you mind if I ask if these were done with a plug-in, and if so, what. I simply love them.

Jerry said...

Cheryl, these are beautiful. You should lead a session of the Group's next roundtable night and teach your technique!

Tom Welch said...

Beautifully done Cheryl, I love the soft textured look you gave them.

Cheryl Davis said...

Thank you so much everyone! I'm just getting a chance to check the blog, and didn't realize my images were up. These were a lot easier to do than my rose images and done a completely different way. The rose images took a lot of time and were created with brushes, these were quicker edits. I shot the Calla Lilies on either a white or green background. I think the first four pictures had a white background, the others had a solid green background. I used either one or two different textured backgrounds and layered them on top of the image, one at a time. I have a collection of various background textures. I used blend modes, usually Soft Light, or maybe Screen mode and adjusted the opacity. I normally just play around with it until I find a blend mode and opacity that I like. I add a layer mask and erase the texture from the flowers in the areas where I do not want texture. I flatten the image and I'm finished. I had a lot of Calla Lily shots, so decided to do a series of these.

Jerry, I don't like to talk to groups, scares me! :-) Plus, all my textures, etc. are on my home computer, I don't have a laptop. I'll just share on here.

Thanks, again!
Cheryl Davis